The Wolves supply posters and offer free online reading logs to help support the current reading programs as well. Students who complete their reading programs, as determined by their school, receive a certificate redeemable for a complimentary ticket to a 2013-14 Chicago Wolves home game.
- The average person reads just one book per year
- Reading helps develop imagination
- Academic enhancement of a child comes primarily through reading at a young age
- People who spend more time reading become more sociable than those who don’t
Looking for something your young reader will want to dive into? Try these titles:
- Charlotte’s Web
- Anne of Green Gables
- Tuck Everlasting
- The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Beyond just being an enjoyable activity, reading is an important part of every child’s education. However, only one-third of all students entering high school are proficient in reading. With a little encouragement, kids can learn to see the fun in picking up a book.