TIP # 5 - What Attitude Should You Bring To The Rink - Be A Supporter, Not a Whiner
You love hockey, right? You loved watching it and finally you are playing it! You might agree with me that it is one of the greatest games ever.
What makes hockey so great? The players and their coaches make it great. The parents and the spectators make it great.
Let’s keep it great and have lots of fun by bringing a positive attitude to the rink.
- Keep your equipment clean and in good shape.
- Be on time for practices and games.
- Greet your teammates and coaches with a smile and “hello”.Work hard in practice. Show some hustle.
- Take your turn at picking up pucks, filling water bottles or carrying equipment to and from locker room to the bench.
- Keep locker room clean. Toss tape and garbage into trashcan.
- Respect the arena where you play and the management by following directions on posted signs.
- During a game, pay attention and be ready to jump on the ice quickly for your shift.
- Play fair and come off ice when your shift ends.
- Be a team player. Pass the puck.
- Learn from others around you. This is important!
- Congratulate your teammates on their good work.
- Be a good sport no matter if you win or loose the game.
- Thank your coaches for their time.
- Thank your parents for taking you to the game.
- Thank your siblings and friends for coming out to watch your game.
Wow! That sure is a lot of ways to show a positive attitude, isn’t it? When you love doing something, it shows. When you are positive and your actions prove that, you become a team leader.
If you are negative and whine or complain about your hockey experiences, you are not a team player. You are just a whiner and will never become a leader.
If you really don’t like hockey enough to play positively, hang up your skates. Choose a sport that you do like and enjoy that sport.
Take your best attitude to the rink. And, don’t forget…..GO WOLVES !!